Friday, February 20, 2009

A TIME AND A PLACE by Kate Theis


In my dream, an Angel shrugged looking me right in the eye.
I knew exactly what this Angel was thinking, and why.
I was guided by it's soft tender hand that felt so right.
I was now standing at a door that would change my life.
I was afraid to open the door and look inside, it had no light.
Was I doomed? Was there something beyond the dark?
The Angel just smiled and gestured me to go forth in faith.
I took two steps beyond the door, eyes closed, wondering.
I could feel the air become so sweet and strong with love
As I opened my eyes to see such a lovely sight.
I knew right then this was my pathway to life.
It was my time to be born and I arrived in such fashion-
At 6:41 am August 19, 1952 I cried my first sound.
I took my first breath, my eyes were now opened.
Ah, a wonderful life in this time,
In this exotic place I call mine.

I now can see the wonderful circle of life.
As I have become older and the wiser.
All things will come to those who wait.
I have had so much living dished on my plate-
So many things have come and trends now gone.
There is much of my past which has left me strong.
So this place I call my life will come and then will go.
But before I leave this earth I want you to know-
Everything has it's time, it's purpose and it's reason.
We are born, we die and recycle once again.
We will rise once again to that glorious place-
To the Angels above in a place called Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment