Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Where is the other sock?

Sometime ago I was on a major laundry kick. Ya know one of those spring cleaning things we do. Wanting to wash and sort out your winter clothes to put them to rest until next fall. Well, this is my true story and I am sticking to it!
As I washed and dried my laundry, I started to fold clothes putting aside the socks. When I finished with the clothes I started to separate the socks. To my surprise there were 3 pairs with no mate. I knew they were there when I began. But where did they go? Did they just jump ship and run away? This mystery drove me to search the washer. Behind, under and around the machine. Nothing surprising there, I even checked the drum inside thinking the socks got tangled on the edge. But no, now I was on the edge! Where, oh where did my socks go? Now I ask you, is there some meaning in all of this?

By Kate Theis

No comments:

Post a Comment