Saturday, March 7, 2009

TREES, IS THIS YOURS? by Kate Theis


A Mother and Father has children, as they grow they become the Mothers and Fathers having children. As time passes, the family tree grows. Those at the top are older, wiser and more pronounced. The much elder limbs become fragile losing their strength, now worn and tattered. Their limbs bare and their bark, dry and well worn. Hanging low with hardly a leaf, it is now their time for passing the torch of life. The seasons come and the seasons go. Their limbs begin to break then fall.
The rebirth of new branches sprouting at the base continue this cycle of the family that once started as the seeds of a Mother and Father. Such beauty that we are chosen to fulfill.
Family, what does this mean?
Family, who are we?
Family, What branch are you?
F=Father
A=Add
M=Mother
I=Intercourse
L=Life
Y=You
Times that many times and add those who are adopted, stepped, halved and just added.
You can be single or straight or Gay or purple, but most of all you have to be from one of the branches of the 3. Mother, Father equals me! (you)
Who I am is who I am. Like the branches of the tree, we all become someone with our own identity. Some are leafy and others are sparse. There are those who are filled with knots and knuckles, and some with bark and some have not. Colors of the wind and colors of the grass. Leaves with odd shapes and some with flare. Of course then there are some that are just bare. Some with scent and others with fruit or maybe a nut or two. These are just to name a few.
My thought it is this:
No matter who you are, you are special! You are important in the scheme of things. The puzzle piece of you would be missing and the family portrait would be incomplete.
I think of all who have passed tonight and feel their touches and hear their words.
I still see their beauty and hold on to their words. I to want to be thought of as the branch that shared all of our beauty, year after year.
I give you my seeds of remembrance, plant them with care. Plenty of hugs, kisses and kind words. You will grow to see your tree flourish. Prune your bad thoughts and water your good. Leaf out and touch someone. Go hug a tree. Hug a tree is to hug me. Thanks Mom and Dad for creating someone like me. Thanks Rose for embracing me. I love you guys! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment