Friday, June 10, 2011

Words and My Mother


This is a Special Woman I truly have to say
was and still is to this present day,
The most Incredible Woman in all my life.
My Mother taught me so very much
About the influence of the spoken word.
Written or spoken it was plain to see
All the things about life and what I wanted to be.
In laughter or tears or in common understanding
We were complete even if we were to agree to disagree,
But to be best friends it was always going to be.
She knew how to touch you with her soft words
I looked up to her for guidance and care
She was always very loving, truthful and fair.
Mother is gone now in her body form
But her legacy is always revolving and reborn
Whether it be through me or someone she met
My Mother's presence is always so dear if you let.
I always tried to do my best and feel her near.
To you my Mother I love to write these words just for you
For me it is what makes each day fresh and new.
I am your daughter and learned about words
The influence of them for only you.

I miss and love you Mother. by: Kate Theis 2011

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Tribute Kate! Thanks for sharing your mom with us! T~~

    ReplyDelete