Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mountains With Faces By Kate Theis


Mountains with impressionable faces
Telling Me stories of the many people and many places.
The history they represent strongly express-
Makes me honored to see them and to be joyfully here
To be a part of them and I will always hold dear.
I feel the spiritual closeness of nothing I've ever known before
Keeping me on my feet and wishing to know more.
Every where I hear the calling of voices in such tender whisper.
Leads me to an anticipation unknown but wanting more and yet so clear.
I climb to the heights above my own vast vivid imagination,
To a point of endless beauty and great soulful stimulation.
I look down upon my very anticipated staring destination
To see all the miles stones of my hard obstacles to my completion.
In complete stillness I question, For am I really finished?
Where do I go from here my God?
I hear the voices, I follow in excitement, I am willing to go-
Calling me closer I cry for understanding.
The mountains with faces show me the way through the design laid before me.
Their tears and struggles and sorrows begin to tell a story
It begins to all unfold-
Their voices cry out of their journeys that were much tougher than mine.
Oh how we all have similarities even over time.
It is humbling and my Gratefulness swells ten fold.
All these mountains with faces have stories for some are untold.
In the valleys between the ridges I sit and look upon,
Riches untapped and like books unread.
Many pages to be read and studies for a life time.
I close my eyes and empty my thoughts.
Ah, for a moment I was sure I could hear,
Wagon wheels and bells chiming as I saw the white tail of a romping young deer.
Children laughing and music with dancing seemed to echo from the skies.
Makes me think of the people of a time in the past.
How much they are here and still with us, to teach.
Bright sunshine warming upon my face,
I walked a few miles I am impelled to stop and take great measure
To ground myself for that very moment in this grounded place.
A warm fulfilling feeling of gratitude comes flowing over me.
High from the mountain tops showering a healing of my soul
I could feel it flow through me from head to toe.
For a endless moment I could feel no pain,
No feeling of the human being body or it's extremities.
Leaving me with a feeling of completeness that was so loving and Godly.
God's hands have touched my soul and my innerness to become one,
God gave these mountains with faces as a reminder of his love.
His mysteries of creation and how it is there for you and for me,
To take in it's beauty and for us to learn a better way to be.
It is through nature my Child he has come to show his grand design,
For our lives to be a better place if we take the time.
Have I done all that I could to fulfill my life long goal?
Have I left life a little better for all those I know?
Most of all have I left a good impression of love and purpose to those I meet?
As the light winds blow ever so gently across my face.
With resemblance of loving fingers from my Father with Grace.
Assuring me though his Grace I will be loved no matter what.
What ever my struggles are he will raise me up.
The wild flowers he craftily scattered from here and there,
Dotting the mountains terrain for miles every where.
Mountains, God gave us your faces of the past as the present which are much the same,
For those of us who take the time to see and eagerly want to share,
Those faces and their journeys of Love,Faith and Hope. Knowing you are always there.
Kate Theis Copywrited 6-11-2011

1 comment:

  1. Kate...I made progress!!!!! Will it let me next time? who knows??? Tonya.
    P.S.....beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete